August 29, 2017 (JoaniesToGo.com) – Everybody knows Americans love pizza and pizza fun facts. In fact, pizza is beloved all over the globe. Not only is pizza a tasty dish for lunch, dinner or even breakfast, it is an interesting dish as well.
Check out this list of 17 pizza fun facts.
1. The average pizzeria goes through about 55 pizza boxes on a daily basis.
2. 36% of pizzas are topped with pepperoni.
3. 94% of us in the United States eat pizza on a regular basis.
4. The five biggest days for pizza sales throughout the year are: the Super Bowl, New Year’s Eve, Halloween, the day before Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
5. Many pizza delivery drivers report that their tips are exponentially higher when they deliver on Super Bowl Sunday.
6. Domino’s delivery drivers will cover about 4 million miles to make their deliveries on Super Bowl Sunday.
7. Americans eat about 100 acres of pizza every day or 350 slices per second.
8. On average, each person in the US eats about 46 slices of pizza pie every year.
9. Saturday night is the most popular night for enjoying a slice of pie.
10. 36% of people are reported to enjoy a slice of pizza for breakfast.
11 When it comes to watching the news, most folks wait to order their pizza until the weather is on.
12. Pizzerias make up 17% of all restaurants.
13. The speediest pizza maker in the world can crank out 14 pizzas in two minutes and 35 seconds.
14. Over 5 billion pizzas are sold throughout the world each year.
15. October is national pizza month.
16. According to delivery drivers, women generally tip better than men.
17. Women are also twice as likely to get a pizza topped with veggies when compared to men.
You know what’s better than reading about pizza? Starting your week off with one. Give us a call tomorrow, and start your week off right. Order your favorite Joanie’s pizza to go.
Call or stop by and pick up your pizza from Joanies ToGo today!